Monday, June 15, 2009

The Most Delightful Young Adults

It amazes me how quickly time seems to pass. I remember the long past days of childhood (adults, you can laugh if you want to...it was only half my life ago :D) The days that dragged on forever...in which my biggest concern was to wake up and do my school and chores without getting a spanking...and the life's biggest choice involved determining how I would spend those many empty hours in my afternoon. But some things happen with time, in particular, people grow up. My siblings grow much to fast! Just this past weekend we graduated my next younger sister from High School, my next younger brother had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor, and my second younger brother had his 13 year right of passage. They are not little children any more, and I am honored to say they are growing into some of the most delightful young adults you will ever meet!!

My next younger sister is a delightful young lady! I have had the honor of being her second home school teacher for the past two years, and it has been a joy and an honor. She is an easy student, and a joy to work with. Unlike some of her siblings, she has had to work very hard to learn well and I am SO proud to say that she graduated high school with a high A average. She applied herself to her studies, and did excellent work. What a tribute to her character! Her studies were much broader than a traditional education entails, and her mind has been sharped by careful application to her school. She is bright and talented in so many ways. My sister is a beautiful young lady. Not only of face, but of heart. The beauty of her heart radiates from within, and can be seen by everyone around her. It gives her face a delicate glow that no one can ignore. Her gentleness and kindness wins hearts of adults and children alike, and continues to multiply itself as she lets God work in her life. I can hardly believe how time has flown, she is no longer a little girl. Having passed a tremendous milestone in her life there is the rest of her yet ahead...and I am anxious to see how the Lord will guide her steps as she goes forward.

Ah...my next younger brother...who is now taller than I. Despite being several years younger, he is several inches taller. The fascinating thing about his height, is that it is not just physical. For a 15 year old young man, his character and maturity far surpass his age. And in some ways, I feel as though he surpasses me as well. His work ethic, diligence, perseverance, integrity and leadership are tremendous. At 15, it has been many months since he concluded his work to gain the rank of Eagle Scout. The paperwork was slow in being processed, but finally came back. At 15, he is certainly not the oldest scout in his troop, but is currently in his second term as Senior Patrol Leader, the highest youth leadership position in the troop. He has been in leadership positions since 13, and is one the most well liked and definitely most admired young men in the troop. As his sister, I am blessed to have him as my brother. Despite the gap in years, he and I are very good friends. It is so encouraging to be able to try and copy him in the character that he has that surpasses me. God will do great things with this young man, my brother!!

My second younger brother...growing like a weed. And learning like one too. He is sharp and learns incredibly fast, well above his age and grade level. As he is just beginning his walk into adulthood, there is much that lies before him to be learned, conquered, treasured. As his older sister, I am honored to be able to watch him as he goes forward. It will be exciting to see how the Lord will continue to shape and mold him in the years to come.

There will be pictures here

0 comments:

 
;