Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My baby sister is a genius

My baby sister can't read...and this morning in school she was checking off her completed work in the assignment notebook.

Monica: Julia, let me do that, so you don't check the wrong boxes.

Julia: They're not the wrong boxes. I'm checking the right ones!

Monica: How do you know? You can't even read them!

Julia: I don't have to read them. I KNOW what they mean.

Monica: How would you know?

Julia: Come here and I'll show you. See this one has MUS like my math book, so that one is my math. This one has a z, and I only have one school thing with z, and it's Zoology, so that has to be my science. And this was always has a hand written note from Mom, which means that's Bible study, cause she always writes in the Bible study. And this one has an "I" at the beginning, so that has to be italics cause I know that's the first sound. And this one is my Phonics cause it's the only one left.

Monica: Well that's not everything. What about the next day...(I'm pretty impressed, but doubtful as to completing the next day)

Julia: Okay! History has a US at the beginning, and that always goes with United States and that's what we're studying. So that's history. And BTS matches the copies Mom gave me, so that has to be the shapes pages. And I already told you the rest.

Monica: Uh...okay fine. You can check off your own assignments.

Julia: See, I told you!

So yeah. My little sister is 7. She's a genius, agreed?

7 comments:

Josiah said...

Word.

Lady Abigail said...

LOL! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Nice. The smartness runs in the family. :D

Hannah said...

LOL! She's smart :)

Scottie Moser said...

Impressive.

Country Mom said...

That's impressive. Homeschool kids sure are bright! :0)

Fopias said...

Hey Nienna,

I think that's the most comments you've gotten on anything yet! Don't you all just love my little sister?
Hey, I should get Monica to post a summary of what Julia's been learning about Paul when I read the Bible to her at night. It's pretty fun to hear her tell you what she's learned.

 
;