Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Captured By Grace

I am reading a wonderful titled "Captured By Grace"...if you ever pick it up, be prepared for brain work and heart exercise. In this chapter, the author writes about the difference between mercy and grace. Mercy is "God witholding the punishment we rightfully deserve" while grace is "God not only witholding that punishment but offering the most precious gifts instead."

Think for just a moment...Mercy kept the knife from the heart of Isaac, while grace provided the ram in the thicket...mercy hears the cry of the brokenhearted thief on cross but grace promised him paradise that very day...mercy closes the door to hell while grace opens the door to heaven.

That my dear friends, is a beautiful thought. That I, as a child of God, have not only received mercy, which I do NOT deserve, but further still the Lord God has promised me heaven and His presence!!! I am blessed, truly beyond measure.

"After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen" 1 Peter 5:10-11

1 comments:

Rachel S. said...

Hi, my name is Rachel. I came across your blog by following a link from Hannah Covington's blog. I just wanted to say "Thank you" for the beautiful posts I found on your blog. You have a lovely testimony here for the Lord. Keep pressing on, sister, for our beloved Master! May He bless you in a special way!

 
;