Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Food for thought

"If you are not spending time with the Lord every day, then you have a major pride problem. Just think for a moment, for a believer, it could only be pride that would allow them to think that spending time in the Word and with the Lord is not a necessary part of the relationship." Mom read it in a book today...I was driving...needless to say I had food for thought for quite some time. Because I'll be honest, I do not always spend my daily time with God. I don't think that I think that time with God is unnecessary, but then again, do I? It was convicting to hear.

2 comments:

Strider said...

good food...I don't know when the last time was that I didn't engage in at least several minutes of quiet time at some point during the day...but it usually comes when I'm alone driving..and when you are driving, you probably shouldn't read the Bible at the same time....

How important IS our God to us? Surely we can find time to give Him 1/48th of our day? That's 1/2 an hour...

“I want to know one thing - the way to heaven: how to land safe on that happy shore. God himself has condescended to teach the way. He hath written it down in a book. O give me that book! At any price, give me the book of God! I have it: here is knowledge enough for me. Let me be a man of one book.” - John Wesley

Wesley also said something about the importance of quiet time...paraphrasing here..."If I know that the next day will be long and difficult, I will be sure to get up an hour earlier to pray and read my Bible."

Wow...so..the day's gonna be long, you'll be bushed at the end of it anyway...and he decides to get up EARLIER? ja, because he knows the importance of that quiet time...

Nienna II said...

Good food indeed...thanks.

I love how Jesus always sets the example...he had a habit of getting away to talk to the Father and pray. He nourished himself so He could survive the day! "He GOT UP!" Early, to go spend time with the Lord...because the distractions of the day weren't yet, He could focus.

 
;