Monday, January 26, 2009

Faith is...

...ceasing to worry, leaving the future to the God who controls the future...accepting the truth that in spite of all I've done, God has wiped the slate clean and delights in me...giving up the image of perfection I struggle for and accepting GRACE...waiting patiently for God to make me more Christ-like through difficult people and circumstances when I want Him to give me a quick fix - preferably painless...remembering that I carry God's awesome presence into each daily routine encounter even when I feel like a dull leaden weight...keeping on keeping on when I am dog-tired, discouraged, disillusioned, deserted, dusty dry - cast on His strength alone...accepting the fact that God knows better than I do what is ultimately good for me and brings HIM the most glory...walking before God, not anyone else...appreciating that my capacity to feel, communicate, think, choose, and commune with God comes from His making me more like Himself...trusting that God is doing His work in me when I feel inwardly cold, hollow, lifeless, deserted, and I long for reassurance...speaking the truth in love even at the cost of position or friendship...doing the right thing regardless of the consequences...reliance on the certainty that God has a plan for my life when everything seems uncertain...confidence that God is enacting His plan when He answers "No" to my prayers...thanking God when I am left with shattered plans, that He has better plans...LETTING GO OF THAT WHICH GOD IS ASKING ME FOR.

0 comments:

 
;