Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Brilliance needs a thinking cap, heads need trap doors.

A friend directed me to a piece of literature which is brilliantly written! Everyone should read this. BUT, before you do, take the thinking cap (that I know you NEVER take off) turn it around straight, and go read...The Children's Story

Oh yes, and explaining why heads need trap doors...I overheard my two youngest siblings last night in the kitchen while they did dishes...

Sib 7-"I wish something."
Sib 8-"What do you wish?"
Sib 7-"I won't tell you."
Sib 8-"Why not?"
Sib 7-"Oh, cause it's something that so smart, Sib 5 and I thought it up."
Sib 8-"Oh really? Well, what is it?!"
Sib 7-"Hm. Should I tell you?"
Sib 8-"Yes, you should. I wanna know!"
Sib 7-"Okay. See we invested this thing, that we wish could be real. And it's a really cool thing."
Sib 8-"Well, what is it?"
Sib 7-"A trap door. We should have trap doors in our heads. Then, we could make tiny pencils, and rolls of paper, and keep them there. And if we needed to write something down, we could just open the trap door and pull them out and write the something down and then put it all back. That is what we invented and wish it was real. It's a genius idea!"
Sib 8-"Oh. You didn't invent it. I already invented it in my head too, so we're not gonna quarrel about it."

And that was that. It was the end of the discussion! Mom and I were planning the schedule in the living room, and just busted up laughing. It was very funny!

0 comments:

 
;