Monday, October 27, 2008

Inside leg to outside rein connection.

It's a dressage thing (it has to do with horses:P ). So unless you happen to be Miss Joy, you'll probably get lost...but in case you want to read it, here's the translation: it was a good thing.

...so I got it today! Okay, it only worked ONE time through to canter, but Lilly responded beautifully! We side-passed along the wall, flexed right, did a rollback onto her haunches, and then as I supported inside leg, cued seat and outside leg and held outside rein, she opened her shoulder right up and reached into the right lead canter! It was lovely. She was round, forward, working the bit, and comfortable. I can't wait until tomorrow. I'll keep working on strengthening my left side so that I can cue her correctly, then we'll get it more than once. Lilly has a bad habit and tendency to hollow out going from trot into canter, she braces against the bit instead of staying round. On top of that, she counter-bends. I have been working hard to teach her to move off of leg aids, and she has made good progress. She is now willing to move of my leg at the walk and trot, especially on the 20m circle or volte. The canter has been a struggle from the beginning, but at least we are past the breakneck speeding. She's making good progress. So now that I know she WILL move off the leg, we'll begin to transfer that to her canter as well. I just hope that she will learn quickly how to move off it rather than running through...

0 comments:

 
;