Monday, October 13, 2008

I've been thinking again...

...about women in political leadership. (and talking to my genius of a big brother!)

It is true, I cannot find a place in scripture where the subject of women in political leadership is addressed.

However, based on my understanding of scripture, there is a clear role for women. Under their fathers, under their husbands, in service/assitant/helper positions. The women in scripture who lead over men, were part of God's work on a cursed nation. There are women in the church who hold servant positions, a sort of deaconess if you will. (the role of deacon and elder are different - elders lead and teach, deacons serve) So, I've been thinking about that.

If there is no scripture that addresses women in political leadership, and there IS a clear role for women, then by default, that role does not include political leadership.

So I guess you could say I'm changing my tune. I guess you could say I didn't finish thinking this through before. The above conclusion seems simple...now :)

0 comments:

 
;